Yyyeeeaaahhh… I have a lot of these. >_>
Sinus and topical:
ALL THE THINGS!
- Grass, trees, pollen. If it’s a plant, I’m allergic.
- Note: I am that person who sniffs the flowers and has a sneezing fit anyway because I’m going to stop and smell the damn roses!
- Some molds.
- Cats and dogs.
- Is owned by multiple cats, allergies be damned.
- Anything floral scented. This stuff wreaks havoc on my skin, and I will break out in hives or eczema. It also causes my sinuses to swell up.
- I had to leave the holiday festivities early because the trash bags we were stuffing wrapping paper into were scented.
- Latex. In addition to a mild allergic reaction, the smell makes me nauseous.
- Adhesives, only some, but my skin will slough off and become irritated.
- Cephalosporins – Keflex
- Tylenol allergy and sinus
- Yeah, ironic-ish. It’s a bonding agent that I have trouble with.
- Again, a bonding agent. I’m not allergic to eggs.
- Beans are in a lot of processed foods.
These are all things I have an actual allergy to, meaning my immune system gets involved. Vs. an intolerance where the offending substance causes irritation. I have many intolerances, mostly to foods, that mainly cause a flare-up in my IBS symptoms.
2 thoughts on “30 Things, Allergies”
It seems we (unfortunately) share many of the same allergies. It is troublesome to have surgery then find out you are allergic to the adhesive and end up with hives — for 3 months! Believe me, I empathize with you. Have you tried any natural detox like Dandelion Tea or a liver cleanse to reduce the symptoms? Sometimes I do better than others… And I’ve had a cold since Christmas Day too. 😦 Hope you feel better and soon!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh no! I’m sorry you’re dealing with the crud that’s going around! I hope you start feeling better soon and have no complications. I had my tonsils out a few years ago, and since then I do not get as sick as I used to, nor for as long. I was able to kick the cold in a week, but then I got hit with random fatigue a few days later that I’m not sure if it was another cold, or allergies, or what. Thank you for the well wishes!
I forgot to list that I’m allergic to some adhesives. I’m sorry you have allergies too, they can be hard to deal with. Being itchy is one of my top most dislikes, I’ll take most pain over itchy (and nausea). I can tolerate the clear rectangle patch they put on to hold the IVs in place, but the regular medical tape makes me itchy and breakout. Do all adhesives bother you?
What has helped me the most for colds and allergies are allergy shots (they were a big help, I just hated being poked) and this stuff https://bjornscoloradohoney.com/products/propolis-honey I’ve used it on scratches, and to eat and it’s helped a bit. I also take a multi-vitamin that has things like milk thistle in it. I tend to drink a lot of herbal teas and water to help flush my system and stay hydrated. What brands of tea are your favorite?
This ended up being kinda long. Ha ha ha.